Me’ah Select brings together adult learners for in-depth exploration of a specific theme, text, personality, or slice of Jewish history in semester long courses. Courses are taught by outstanding faculty. Me’ah Select courses are offered during the fall, spring and summer semesters.
- time Adults of all ages and backgrounds
- location Online and In-person for 2023-2024
- duration One semester
Me’ah Select is an engaging, interactive learning experience taught at the college level — but without papers or exams — for adult learners of all backgrounds, whether you are seeking to take a first step or the next step in your Jewish journey.
Our talented faculty members are known for their scholarship and dynamic approach to adult learning. They bring their Me’ah Select topics to life through in-depth text study and interpretation, exploring a variety of media, and rich discussion.
Me’ah Select welcomes students of all backgrounds. No prior formal Jewish education or knowledge of Hebrew is required. Learn, discuss, and build community with fellow adult learners.
• Me’ah Select classes meet for 5 to 10 sessions over the course of one semester and are typically two hours long.
• Classes require a minimum of 15 students. Bring your friends!
• Generous financial aid is available.
• Registration for Fall 2023 Me’ah Select courses will begin in August. Visit our Online Course Catalog for upcoming offerings.
Financial Aid is available for all Me’ah Select courses – please contact Terri Swartz Russell, Co-Director of Me’ah, at email@example.com
Me'ah Select FAQs
Click on the name of the course you are interested in and you will be taken to a registration page with a detailed description of the course and instructions on how to register.
Classes meet once a week (in rare instances, every other week) for 5-10 weeks. They are generally two hours long.
Every class is recorded and available to you in the event you have to miss a class. Many students who travel take advantage of our recorded classes.
No. Me’ah participants come from diverse backgrounds. Many have no formal Jewish education, while others have formally studied Judaic subjects. Some participants are recent Jews by choice; some belong to other faith traditions.
All Me’ah classes are conducted in English and texts are studied in English translation. Teachers do not assume that you know Hebrew. When Hebrew words or texts are referred to, they are translated.
No. Me’ah Select is designed for personal enrichment; there are no tests, papers or grades.
Me’ah instructors are all Judaic scholars with advanced academic degrees. They bring to community-based Me’ah classes a level of scholarship, teaching, and discourse typically encountered in university settings. Learn more about the instructors here.
For the 2022-2023 academic year, five session courses are $190 and ten session courses are $380. Review the class registration table for more details. We also offer financial aid to students.
Yes, there is financial aid available through Hebrew College. Please contact our office to have a confidential conversation about financial aid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All cancellations prior to the start of a Hebrew College Adult Learning class will be refunded in full (less a 4% credit card processing fee).
- After the first session, a $50 administrative fee (and a 4% credit card processing fee) will be deducted from the refund.
- No refunds will be made after the second session.
- For extenuating circumstances, including requests for withdrawal after the second session, please contact us.
- Credit card processing fees apply to all transactions, regardless of the time of withdrawal.
There are a small number of required books for each class, depending on the teacher. We do ask our instructors to post as many materials as possible on our course website, so that we can minimize additional costs of purchasing materials.