Ways to Give
There are many convenient ways to give back to Hebrew College. View our initiatives and options below.
One Time Gifts
Online: Make a gift using our secure online giving form using your Visa or Mastercard. It’s quick and easy, and your gift can be put to immediate use.
By Check: Checks should be made payable to Hebrew College and mailed to:
Office of Institutional Advancement
160 Herrick Road
Newton Centre, MA 02459
By Phone: Gifts using American Express may be made by calling our Business Office at 617.559.8782 during business hours.
Hebrew College receives the highest 4-star rating from Charity Navigator, reflecting our efficient and fiscally-responsible management.
Your gift to Hebrew College fuels dynamic Jewish learning and leadership for an interconnected world, and makes our lives more meaningful, our communities more vibrant, and our world more whole. Teens, future rabbis and cantors, Jewish educators, and adult learners enhance and enrich our diverse Jewish communities, and your support is invaluable to their journey.
Your gift makes an impact, here and around the world.
Student and Alumni Impact
- 300,000 Jews worldwide reached by Hebrew College-ordained rabbis
- 18,000 individuals served by Hebrew College-ordained cantors
- 90,000 students educated by Hebrew College graduate education alumni
- 8,000 adult learners enriched by Hebrew College programs
- 5,500 teens inspired by Hebrew College youth programs
Ways To Give
Hebrew College’s President’s Council recognizes a caring community of friends and leaders who give with generosity and compassion to the College, allowing Jewish education and creativity to flourish. Philanthropy at this level nurtures and sustains Hebrew College’s mission of open inquiry, intellectual rigor, personal engagement and spiritual creativity. We are deeply grateful!
Hebrew College President’s Council Levels
- Meyasdim/Founders: gifts of $100,000+
- Bonim/Builders: gifts of $36,000 to $99,999
- Talmidim/Lifelong Learners: gifts of $20,000 to $35,999
- Shutafim/Partners: gifts of $10,000 to $19,999
- Haverim/Friends: gifts of $5,000 to $9,999
- Yedidim/Companions: gifts of $1,800 to $4,999
To learn more: Contact Rosa Kramer Franck, Director of Development, at email@example.com to explore how you can partner with Hebrew College in nurturing a vibrant Jewish life throughout Greater Boston, across North America, in Israel, and around the world.
The benefits of using a donor-advised fund are strong and, with the new tax laws, are expected to grow in appeal to strategic donors. They are far easier to establish than a private foundation and allow you to support Hebrew College flexibly and meaningfully.
Please contact your financial advisor, or Rosa Franck, Director of Institutional Advancement at 617.559.8736, for more information.
Amplify your impact by participating in a matching-gift program at your company. Many corporations have established programs whereby the company matches or multiplies donations made by current, and in some cases, retired employees. Some of these companies also match directors’ gifts. We encourage you to check with your employer to determine if they administer a matching-gift program. Donations received from employers through their matching gift programs are fully tax-deductible.
- How to determine if your company has a matching gift program:
- Check with your company’s HR department to see if there is a matching gift program in place.
- Ask HR for a copy of their Matching Gift Form and complete your portion.
- Submit the form to Hebrew College via email to Sharon Katz at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the address below.
160 Herrick Road
Newton Centre, MA 02459
Join a dedicated community committed to reimagining Jewish learning and leadership for an interconnected world. Now it’s even easier to support our students, faculty, and programs as a sustainer by establishing a monthly recurring gift with our secure online giving form.
Join our Living Legacy Society to invest in the future of Hebrew College and realize financial and charitable benefits for you and your family. Planned gifts include bequests, trusts, gifts of life insurance and annuities. Planned gifts often have the following advantages:
- They may provide income for life for you and/or another beneficiary, such as a spouse, child(ren) and additional family members.
- They may provide current federal income-tax deductions for a portion of the gift that passes to Hebrew College.
- Trusts may provide increased income since gifted property can be sold without capital gains and reinvested in higher income-producing property.
- They can provide professional investment management and supervision without a fee to the donor.
Estate planning opportunities at Hebrew College include:
- Remembering Hebrew College in your will or by creating a living trust. No matter your age, preparing a will ensures your wishes are fulfilled after death.
- Name Hebrew College as the beneficiary of your retirement plan.
- Purchase a new life-insurance policy naming Hebrew College as the beneficiary. At little cost to you now, you can make a difference in the future. There may be beneficial income-tax deductions for you today.
- Name Hebrew College as a beneficiary of an existing life-insurance policy.
- Remember loved ones with memorial gifts to the college’s endowment fund.
- Encourage family and friends to leave gifts to the college’s endowment fund in their wills.
Restricted and Endowed Gifts
Leave a legacy at Hebrew College by establishing a named restricted and/or endowed gift. Please contact Rosa Franck, Director of Institutional Advancement, at 617.559.8736.
Lead by example and influence others to follow your lead!
An outright gift of appreciated appreciated securities is one of the most attractive methods of giving. Provided you have owned the securities for more than one year, a gift of listed stocks, bonds or other publicly traded securities entitles you to a charitable income-tax deduction equal to the full market value of the securities; this is calculated by averaging the high and low selling prices on the date of the gift.
Note: It is very important that your broker notify the Office of Institutional Advancement when stock is being transferred. Your broker should contact Sharon Katz at email@example.com or 617.559.8764 with your name and that of the stock being transferred in order that we can properly credit and acknowledge your gift.
For 2021 and annually going forward, individuals 72 and older may transfer up to $100,000 from their IRAs to charitable organizations without having to count the distributions as taxable income. The deadline to complete IRA Charitable Rollover gifts for the current tax year is December 31, 2021.
If you qualify, the IRA Charitable Rollover is a great way to save on taxes and make an end-of-year gift to Hebrew College. If you have not already yet taken your required minimum distribution for 2021, an IRA Charitable Rollover gift can count toward satisfying this requirement.
What you need to know to take advantage of the opportunity for 2021:
- Eligibility: Individuals age 72 or older in 2021.
- Amount eligible: Up to $100,000.
- Method: Direct transfer from an IRA account to Hebrew College.
- How to initiate a transfer: Contact your IRA administrator for instructions; notify Hebrew College.
- If you have a 401(k), 403(b) or other retirement plan: The plan administrator can create a rollover IRA from which to transfer funds to Hebrew College.
Retirement plans are among the most highly taxed assets one can own, subject to income tax in life, estate tax at death, and income tax when left to an individual other than a spouse.
Although IRA Charitable Rollover gifts do not qualify for the charitable deduction, they are, in effect, 100% deductible. Act quickly to complete an IRA Charitable Rollover gift for 2021. As in all charitable gift decision-making, review with one’s advisor is encouraged.
For information on giving to Hebrew College, please be in touch with the Hebrew College Office of Institutional Advancement firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.559.8764.
Hebrew College’s Federal Tax ID Number is 042104300
Office of Institutional Advancement
M-Th, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST
F, 10 a.m. to noon
AmazonSmile enables you to support Hebrew College, just by shopping on Amazon. When you shop on Amazon using this AmazonSmile link, 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products will be donated to Hebrew College by the AmazonSmile Foundation.