Founded in 1921 and located in Newton Centre, Mass., Hebrew College promotes excellence in Jewish learning and leadership within a pluralistic environment of open inquiry, intellectual rigor, personal engagement, and spiritual creativity. Its programs include a rabbinical school, a school of Jewish music, a school of Jewish education, graduate degrees and courses in Jewish studies; community education for adult learners; and a supplemental Hebrew high school and middle school.
Hire Our Graduates!
Hebrew College has ordained over 100 hundred rabbis who are powerfully impacting the Jewish world. Our immersive program is rooted in the understanding that a strong spiritual leader is steeped in tradition, while at the same time engaged in the emergent needs of Jewish communities in the 21st century. Our graduates have engaged in deep study of Jewish text, prayer, and practical rabbinic skills, while also looking outward at contemporary issues facing our society. Within the school’s vibrant pluralist community, students learn a deep appreciation of different forms of Judaism. They learn as well to become skilled community leaders able to navigate a diversity of needs in the communities they serve.
Our graduates all complete at least two official internships (though most pursue considerably more field experience while in school), giving them the opportunity to work in a variety of communal contexts and with different ages and populations. We have a 95% placement rate, and would be delighted to speak with you about your search for a new rabbi.
Please contact the Director of Professional Development, Rabbi Shoshana Meira Friedman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.559.8634 to learn about our simple placement process.
This an exciting opportunity for a motivated, thoughtful, conscientious, and highly organized individual to support the President of Hebrew College. This position provides an opportunity to work closely with an innovative and dedicated leader in a time of growth and revitalization, while also providing a high level of administrative support.
The ideal candidate for this position will have keen attention to detail along with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a skillful and timely fashion. The individual must demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, and is expected to maintain confidentiality and exhibit professionalism in all activities. The individual must be proactive and take initiative in identifying problems and devising solutions, and must have a strong sense of judgment, discretion and tact. What will you do as an Executive Assistant?
Provide administrative support to the President including:
- Handling all written and verbal communication from the President’s office, interacting sensitively and respectfully with a wide range of people
- Drafting emails, thank you notes, letters, and memos on behalf of the President
- Preparing documentation and agendas for Board of Trustees meetings
- Ensuring the President has copies of all meeting materials, correspondence, agendas, and background notes for meetings
- Collaborating closely with the Development staff to support the President’s fundraising efforts (including necessary planning and follow-up for donor meetings)
- Managing key reports from the President’s Office, tracking deadlines, and drafting/editing report narratives (including materials for NECHE accreditation)
- Overseeing Commencement, including close collaboration with key program leaders, registrar, and marketing/advancement team
- Receiving incoming calls and/or visitors to the President’s office and ensuring appropriate follow-up to requests
- Confirming appointments and arrangements as needed, and keeping the President updated on all schedule changes made on her behalf
- Organizing and maintaining excellent paper and electronic files
- Making arrangements and preparing itineraries for President’s travel
- Processing all payments and reimbursements related to the President’s activities
- Supervising the Front Desk Receptionist
What qualifications do you need to be our Executive Assistant?
- 5+ years relevant work experience providing C-level administrative support in a dynamic, high-energy environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple complex tasks
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, especially across all levels of the organization, and pleasant demeanor
- Flexible work style with the ability to work under tight deadlines and shifting priorities
- Motivated self-starter capable of working independently as well as within a team environment
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- High level of professionalism with the ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Problem-solving and critical thinking required
Experience with the following would also be highly desirable:
- Familiarity with Judaism and the Jewish community
- Experience with NEASC/NECHE reporting
Located in Newton Centre, MA, Hebrew College promotes excellence in Jewish learning and leadership within a pluralistic environment of open inquiry, intellectual rigor, personal engagement and spiritual creativity. We empower and inspire individuals to contribute their voices and vision to the Jewish community and to bring Jewish values to bear upon the critical issues of our time.
Please send resume and cover letter to Steffi Bobbin at email@example.com.
Hebrew College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Hebrew College, we work to create an open atmosphere of trust, honesty, and respect. Harassment or discrimination of any kind — including that involving race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other similarly protected status — is unacceptable. This principle applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, transfer, promotion, layoff, recall, termination and other terms and conditions of employment.