It can be confusing figuring out who to contact with questions about registration. We hope you find the information below helpful.
Hebrew College has partnered with Parchment to allow current and former students to obtain official electronic transcripts to be sent to themselves or a third party in a secure manner.
The fee for an official transcript is $10.00. Payment will be collected on the Parchment site at the time of transcript order.
Transcript requests cannot be processed for those with Student Financial Services or other transcript holds. You will be notified via email if a hold exists. The electronic transcript order is canceled within 30 days if the hold is not removed.
Unofficial transcripts can be downloaded directly from your Campus Café Student Portal account. If you do not have a Campus Café account, please send an email request for an unofficial transcript to email@example.com.
Please note: Electronic transcripts can be generated only for students who attended Hebrew College after June 1991, and for Prozdor students who graduated after June 2002. If you attended before those dates, please contact the Registrar directly, at firstname.lastname@example.org for different instructions on how to request a paper transcript.
For any other questions about ordering transcripts, please contact email@example.com or 617-559-8642.
Questions about the following forms and documents should be addressed to the registrar.
Please contact the Registrar’s Office for questions about:
- Course information, including what tuition & fees will be for a particular course.
- The Add/Drop period. Before calling, please check the Academic Calendar.
- Adding or Dropping courses through the Campus Cafe Student Portal.
- Course withdrawals after Add/Drop — these must be done in writing and the request must to go the registrar. Speaking to your instructor will not remove you from the roster. Fill out the Course Withdrawal form, located above in Forms, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Course availability for non-matriculated students.
- Name Changes.
- Student Visa Questions or issues.
- Immunization Requirements for new degree students.
- Change of address information.
- Transcript Request; Leave of Absence Forms; Petitions for Independent Study; Petitions for Incomplete, other forms (see Forms).
- Withdrawal from your degree program. All students should speak to their advisors first, and then complete the School Withdrawal form.
- Student Health Insurance — Massachusetts law requires all full-time students
have health insurance. Residents of Massachusetts may purchase health insurance through the MASS Health Connector program.
Please contact the Admissions Office for your program of interest for questions about:
- Information about any of the College’s degree or certificate programs
- How to apply to a degree or certificate program
- Information about acceptance of transfer credits. Transfer credits vary by program, so please contact the Admissions Department for your program of interest. (In general, graduate students with grades of B or above may transfer no more than 12 credits. Courses must be applicable to the degree program and not all courses will transfer.)
- How to pay your enrollment deposit
- How to Register for courses
- How to obtain a Campus Cafe Portal Password or I’ve forgotten my Campus Cafe Portal Password
Financial Aid Office for questions about:
- Financial aid is offered to matriculated degree students. If you have been accepted into one of our degree programs, you may be eligible
- Financial Aid Application form [PDF]
- You must complete the Hebrew College Aid Application form and may also be required to complete a FAFSA. See the form for instructions.
- Any questions about financial aid including information about applying for aid from the college, applying for federal aid, student loans or repayment of federal aid (student loans). Student loans (applying for; deferring previous loans)—any question about student loans
- Changes to your financial aid or student loans
- Questions about veterans benefits
- Student Visa Questions or issues
Please contact the Student Accounts Office for questions about:
- Your student account: How much do I owe?
- Paying your tuition and fees with cash, credit cards, check, or bank wire
- Paying your enrollment deposit
- 1098T Tax Form
- Payment plans: Information about tuition payment plans and assistance with setting up a payment plan
- Student Loan Refunds (Date check will be ready; Can I pick the check up?)
- Requesting a refund if there is a credit balance on your student account
- Other monetary issues
- Instructions for forwarding Hebrew College email address to another account
- Health Insurance