Register for Courses
We are excited to have you join our learning community this semester. Here you’ll find pricing information and registration instructions, and links to graduate degree and community learning courses and the Registrar’s Office.
Non-Degree Students Interested in Graduate Courses (Non-Credit)
Please look for classes marked “non-credit” for those courses open to the community. Some prerequisites may apply.
Graduate & Community Learning Courses
Ready to Register?
When you’re ready to register, you’ll be using our “Campus Cafe Portal.” Use the menus below to register for a class or classes. Please remember that registration is not complete until you pay your tuition. Todah! (Thank you!)
Instructions for Returning Students
If you have previously taken a class at Hebrew College and would like to register for a fall graduate class, click here and enter your previous username and password. If you have forgotten your username and password, please click here, use your name as your username with a dot between your first and last names, and click on “forgot password.”
When you are ready to register (after speaking with your advisor) please follow these step by step instructions:
- Use this link to access Campus Café.
- Log in with your username and password. Once you have logged in, you should see your name in the upper right hand corner.
- Scroll down to where it says student portal and click register for classes.
- Read the prompt, and click I agree.
- Use the drop down menu to choose the upcoming semester. I.E. Fall 2019.
- A page will be generated with all of the courses offered at the College. The left-most column will read add. Scroll to find your course, and click add.
- Once added, the course will be put in your basket. The basket can be found directly underneath the list of courses.
- When you are finished adding courses to your basket, click the button that says “Click here when you are done registering for your confirmation”.
- The next screen you see is your confirmation page. It should say “Your registration is complete”. Underneath that line will be two buttons: “Click here to make payment” and “Back”.
- If you select “click here to make a payment” you will be brought to the make a payment page. The “back” button brings you back to the registration page.
Instruction for New Students
If you would like to register for a graduate class for the first time, please send an email with the class you would like to take to one of the following program managers:
For a class in the School of Education
For a class in the Rabbinical School
For a class in the Cantorial School
Having Trouble Logging In?
All usernames use the following convention: firstname (dot) lastname (example: Joe.User)
If you have forgotten your username and password, please click here, use your name as your username with a dot between your first and last names, and click on “forgot password.”
Tuition and Fees
As mentioned above, course pricing differs depending on whether you take a course for credit or non-credit.
- Registration fee: (non-refundable)
- Credit courses only $120 per semester
- Combination of Credit and Non-credit courses $120 per semester
- Non-Credit Courses only $60 per semester
Tuition for All Courses*:
|# Credits||Credit Price||Non-Credit Price|
|1 credit||$1,200||$ 360
|2 credits||$2,400||$ 720
|Community Education Courses||Not available for credit||$500 per course
* This is the pricing for basic tuition. Matriculated students in the Rabbinic School, COSEL or the Pardes Educators’ Program pay tuition according to their program.
Dropping/Withdrawing from a Course
Add/Drop Period ends September 16, 2019 for fall classes, and February 10, 2020 for spring classes.
The student is responsible for notifying the Registrar’s Office when dropping or withdrawing from any course.
A conversation with the instructor is not sufficient. If the Registrar’s Office is not notified, you will be responsible for full course tuition and not entitled to any sort of refund. You may drop a course during the Add/Drop Period by returning to the Campus Cafe portal and dropping the course. If you withdraw from the course after Add/Drop is over, you must email the Registrar’s Office (email@example.com). Include your full name and the name of the course from which you are withdrawing.
Courses beginning September 9 and running the whole semester until December 20, 2019, or beginning February 3, 2020 and running through May 15, 2020. Refunds will be applied as listed below:
Full Semester Courses
- During the Add/Drop Period: 100 percent tuition refund. Registration fee is not refundable. No Transcript.
- Second week of classes: 80 percent tuition refund. Registration fee is not refundable. Grade of W on transcript.
- Third week of classes: 50 percent tuition refund. Registration fee is not refundable. Grade of W on transcript.
- Fourth week of classes: 25 percent tuition refund. Registration fee is not refundable. Grade of W on transcript.
- After the fourth week of classes: no tuition refund. Registration fee is not refundable. Grade of W on transcript.
- Courses lasting less than a full semester: (courses start and end on various dates)
Add/Drop Period ends at 11:00 pm (Boston time) of the first day of class.
Less Than a Full-Semester Course
- During the Add/Drop period for the specific class: 100 percent tuition refund. Registration fee is not refundable.
- No refund after Add/Drop Period, Grade of W on transcript.
- Students receiving Federal Direct Loans are subject to federally mandated refund regulations. Please
- contact the Financial Aid Office for further information: 617-559-8847 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students with extenuating financial circumstances may contact the financial aid office for special consideration.
Jewish Music Programs
Office of Admissions
School of Jewish Music
Rabbinical School/Jewish Studies Programs
Rabbi Daniel Klein
Office of Admissions
Jewish Education Masters/Certificate Programs
Office of Admissions
Schoolman Graduate School of Jewish Education