Register for Courses
We are excited to have you join our learning community this semester. Here you’ll find pricing information and registration instructions, and links to graduate degree and community learning courses and the Registrar’s Office.
Note about Hebrew College COVID-19 Policy
Updated March 2022
Hebrew College continues to monitor COVID-19 transmission and infections, in consultation with our medical advisors, other Jewish institutions, and local colleges and universities. As the Centers for Disease Control has eased mask recommendations for the vast majority of the country and most mask mandates have been lifted locally as well, as of Monday, March 14, students, faculty, staff, renters, and visitors at Hebrew College are not required to wear masks indoors.
While we will no longer be requiring masks, you are encouraged to continue to wear them if that feels like a safer or more comfortable choice for you. In order to maximize safety for everyone in our community, especially those who are immunocompromised or living with people at high risk, we will continue to use the various systems we have put in place for air filtration/purification and we will also take advantage of opportunities to keep windows open and to gather outdoors. We will continue to monitor Federal, State and CDC recommendations regarding masking and other protocols that may come back into play as additional information becomes available.
All students who attend classes on campus are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Graduate & Community Learning Courses
Non-Degree Students Interested in Graduate Courses
Most courses are open to the community if students have the required prerequisites. To take a class for non-credit (“audit” the class), please send an email with your request to the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate Courses (credit)
Ready to Register?
When you’re ready to register, you’ll be using our “Campus Cafe Portal.” Use the menus below to register for a class or classes. Please remember that registration is not complete until you pay your tuition. Todah! (Thank you!)
Instructions for Returning Students
If you have previously taken a class at Hebrew College and would like to register for a fall graduate class, click here and enter your previous username and password. If you have forgotten your username and password, please click here, use your name as your username with a dot between your first and last names, and click on “forgot password.” If you have never registered through the portal before, please contact the registrar at email@example.com.
When you are ready to register, please follow these step by step instructions:
- Use this link to access Campus Café.
- Log in with your username and password. Once you have logged in, you should see your name in the upper right hand corner.
- Scroll down to where it says student portal and click register for classes.
- Read the prompt, and click I agree.
- Use the drop down menu to choose the upcoming semester. e.g. Fall 2021.
- A page will be generated with all of the courses offered at the College. The left-most column will read add. Scroll to find your course, and click add.
- Once added, the course will be put in your basket. The basket can be found directly underneath the list of courses.
- When you are finished adding courses to your basket, click the button that says “Click here when you are done registering for your confirmation”.
- The next screen you see is your confirmation page. It should say “Your registration is complete”. Underneath that line will be two buttons: “Click here to make payment” and “Back”.
- If you select “click here to make a payment” you will be brought to the make a payment page. The “back” button brings you back to the registration page.
Instruction for New and Non-degree Students
If you would like to register for a graduate class for the first time, or have never registered online through the portal, or are a non-matriculated student, please send an email with the class you would like to take to the registrar, at firstname.lastname@example.org. There may be prerequisites or class size limits on some classes. Please remember that registration is not complete until you pay your tuition.
Having Trouble Logging In?
All usernames use the following convention: firstname (dot) lastname (example: Joe.User)
If you have forgotten your username and password, please click here, use your name as your username with a dot between your first and last names, and click on “forgot password.”
Tuition and Fees
As mentioned above, course pricing differs depending on whether you take a course for credit or non-credit.
Registration fees: (non-refundable)
- Credit courses only — $120 per semester
- Combination of Credit and Non-credit courses — $120 per semester
- Non-Credit Courses only — $60 per semester
Tuition for All Courses*:
# Credits Credit Price Non-Credit Price 1 credit
* This is the pricing for basic tuition. Matriculated students in the Rabbinic, Cantorial or Pardes Educators’ Program pay tuition according to their program.
Dropping/Withdrawing from a Course
Add/Drop Period ends June 21, 2021 for summer classes, September 24, 2021 for fall classes, and February 7, 2022 for spring classes.
You may drop a course during the Add/Drop Period by returning to the Campus Cafe portal and dropping the course. If you do not have a Campus Cafe account, please send an email to the registrar.
If you withdraw from the course after Add/Drop is over, you must email the Registrar’s Office (email@example.com) and include the Course Withdrawal form. A conversation with the instructor is not sufficient. If the Registrar’s Office is not notified, you will be responsible for full course tuition and not entitled to any sort of refund.
Fall and Spring Semesters
- During the Add/Drop Period: 100 percent tuition refund. Registration fee is not refundable. No Transcript.
- Second week of classes: 80 percent tuition refund. Registration fee is not refundable. Grade of W on transcript.
- Third week of classes: 50 percent tuition refund. Registration fee is not refundable. Grade of W on transcript.
- Fourth week of classes: 25 percent tuition refund. Registration fee is not refundable. Grade of W on transcript.
- After the fourth week of classes: no tuition refund. Registration fee is not refundable. Grade of W on transcript.
The Add/Drop period ends at 11:00 pm (Boston time) on the last day of Add/Drop indicated on the Academic Calendar.
Because on-campus summer semesters are short (fewer than 15 weeks long), the refund policy for the regular academic year does not apply. Refunds are only available during the add/drop period.
- During the Add/Drop period: 100 percent tuition refund
- No refund after Add/Drop Period
Students receiving Federal Direct Loans are subject to federally mandated refund regulations. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for further information: 617-559-8847 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students with extenuating financial circumstances may contact the financial aid office for special consideration.
Rabbinical/Cantorial/Jewish Studies Programs
Jewish Education Programs
Administrative & Enrollment Manager