Eser Spring 2020 Registration
Hindsight is 2020: Judaism’s 10 Most Surprising Moments.
This spring, hindsight is 2020 as we explore the significance and impact of Judaism’s 10 Most Surprising Moments!
Over 10 weeks, we’ll look back at some of the particularly unconventional and surprising moments in our tradition in relation to current themes and trends within the modern Jewish community. We’ll use the past events to offer new insights into how we understand contemporary Jewish identity for young adults.
Named for its 10 sessions, Eser (10 in Hebrew) brings together individuals in their 20s and 30s for conversations in neighborhood living rooms to build connection and community.
Discussions take place in living rooms and community spaces throughout Greater Boston. Cost is $95 for all 10 session, and just $45 in Sharon, Jamaica Plain, and our Wednesday Somerville group. Financial aid is also available on request by emailing jstanley[at]hebrewcollege.edu
Eser 2020 offerings:
Discussions are offered Mondays in Boston and Newton, Tuesdays in Somerville and Brookline, Wednesdays in Somerville, and Thursdays in Sharon, Cambridge, and Jamaica Plain. All groups meet from 7-9 p.m. unless otherwise stated.
Mondays: March 2, 16, 23, 30; April 6, 13, 20, 27; May 4, 11
- Boston: CJP with Eli Cohn-Postell (5:15-7:15 p.m.)
- Newton: private home with Hindy Finman
Tuesdays: March 3, 17, 24, 31; April 7, 14, 21, 28; May 5, 12
- Cambridge: private home with Rabbi David Curiel
- Brookline: private home with Rabbi Elizabeth Bonney-Cohen
Wednesdays: February 26; March 4, 11, 18, 25; April 1, 22, 29; May 6, 13
- Somerville: Moishe House with Heather Renetzky (special price of $45!)
Thursdays: March 5, 12, 19, 26; April 2, 23, 30; May 7, 14, 21
- Sharon: private home with Rabbi Rachel Silverman (special price of $45!)
- Somerville: private home with Elisha Gechter (7:30-9:30 p.m.; not meeting May 21, with replacement class on May 22 over Shabbat dinner)
- Jamaica Plain: private home with Michaela Brown (special price of $45!)
If you have any trouble registering, please reach out to Joel Stanley at email@example.com or 617.559.8809.
Those who withdraw from class before the first session will be given a full refund. A $35 administrative fee will be deducted from your refund if you choose to withdraw from the class after the first session.