- Me’ah Classic (100 hours of learning over two years).
- Me’ah Select (an in-depth one-semester learning experience)
- Me’ah Online (a flexible distance learning experience).
- time Adults of all ages
- location Synagogues and community spaces (Me'ah Classic and Select); or online (Me'ah Online)
- duration Me'ah Classic (100 hours over two years);
Me'ah Select (10-12 sessions over one semester);
Me'ah Online (Flexible)
The Jewish “conversation” stretches over 3,000 years, with each generation interpreting and reinterpreting the core texts of Jewish life. With 100 (me’ah in Hebrew) hours of coursework over two years, Me’ah Classic is a comprehensive, engaging, and in-depth adult learning experience that takes students on a journey through the narrative of the Jewish people and empowers students to become part of the conversation.
Me’ah — Hebrew for 100 — is led by outstanding faculty from Greater Boston academic institutions who are attuned to the needs of adult learners. Readings, text study, lectures and discussions focus on core texts from biblical, rabbinic, medieval, and modern times. Students receive a certificate during a graduation ceremony at the end of their second year.
Me’ah Classic welcomes students of all backgrounds. No prior formal Jewish education or knowledge of Hebrew is required. Financial aid is available to those who qualify, thanks to CJP’s generous support. For more information, download our brochure.
UPDATE: Due to the coronavirus pandemic, all Hebrew College Community Learning classes are now being offered online. For questions, please contact Anna Katsevman.
Me’ah challenged me and I looked eagerly ahead to every class. My classmates became friends and close relationships developed… Because of my Me’ah experience, I am now deeply committed to further Jewish learning and see this continuing without end.– Stanley Steinberg, Temple Emanuel, Newton
Financial Aid & Additional Details
- We are happy to offer generous Financial Aid for all of our classes. Please contact our office for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-559-8614.
- We offer refunds for tuition only before the first class. Should you have extenuating circumstances, please contact our office.
Other Me’ah Program to Explore
Me’ah also offers two others program tracks for those who want a more flexible schedule or more focused learning experience:
- Me’ah Select: A semester-long in-depth exploration of a specific theme, text, personality or slice of Jewish history, led by our outstanding Me’ah faculty. Taught at the college level, but without papers and assignments.
- Me’ah Online: Distance-learning experiences with world-class scholars that you can dive into at your own pace or with a group. These classes offer the outstanding faculty and comprehensive curriculum that are the hallmarks of the Me’ah program.
The lectures are incredible. The love the rabbis have for their topics comes through in each lecture and their love is contagious. I leave the class eager to tackle next week’s reading assignments to further my education.
– Bill Elovitz, Me'ah participant
I had a chance to think about Judaism, to revisit ‘facts’ and myths I had learned as a child, and to put them in perspective as they apply to my current life.
I am not a religious person and always had trouble connecting. Me’ah Classic gave me the tools and interest to find meaning and connection to Judaism. Now, I’m ready to continue learning, even after two years of study.
We are so taken with this course! What a wonderful chance for me to learn with my spouse!