- time All. For Jewish teachers and educators working in Jewish educational settings who want to transform their educational practice.
- location On-campus at Pardes in Israel and online with Hebrew College.
- duration 2-3 Years
Combine a Master of Jewish Education from Hebrew College with traditional text study at the Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies in Jerusalem to prepare for a career in Jewish Day School Education. This is a two-to-three year, pluralistic graduate degree program.
If accepted into the Pardes Teacher Fellowship, you will receive generous living stipends to spend an academic year in Israel, and a first-year teaching salary while working as a Jewish Studies Teacher in a Jewish Day School in North America.
The MJEd is granted to those students who successfully complete the requirements for the Pardes Teacher Fellowship, as well as 21 graduate credits earned directly through Hebrew College. The course of study includes the following:
- Intensive Torah study in Jerusalem
- Jewish education courses, including online coursework through Hebrew College
- One academic year working as a Jewish studies teacher in a Jewish day school in North America
Interested students must apply to both Hebrew College and the Pardes Institute. The admissions departments of both institutions communicate to evaluate student applications. Additionally, the institutions communicate regarding administration and academic and student services.
You may fill out the application by clicking here. You are responsible for ensuring that all your application materials are received; we welcome calls or emails from candidates regarding the status of their application. These application materials include:
• Online application
• Application fee of $60.00
• Official transcripts from all previous colleges/universities
Please note: Pardes Institute will provide Hebrew College the following supporting application materials:
• Personal Essay
• Letters of Recommendation