- location Spain
- organizer Hebrew College Me'ah
share with friends
Travel with Hebrew College’s community of learners on our inaugural Jewish Discovery Tour to Spain
Tour Dates: MAY 5-14, 2024 (9 days)
Together we’ll explore and learn about Jewish Sepharad. This travel and study tour is sponsored by the Hebrew College Me’ah and led by Me’ah faculty, Rabbi Leonard Gordon, Me’ah Co-Director, Terri Swartz Russell, and Hebrew College leadership.
This tour is being offered in conjunction with Keshet Educational Journeys staff in Spain.
Free Trip Information Session (Online)
Sunday, September 10, 7-7:45 p.m. | Online
- Meet tour staff
- Hear the trip itinerary and details
- Discuss the Jewish learning components of the trip
- Ask questions
>> RSVP Now!
learning & culture
- On-site learning throughout the program
- Tapas & Flamenco Show
- Ibn Shushan (Santa Maria La Blanca) & Shmuel Halevy synagogues in Toledo
- Guided tour of the Prado Museum’s highlights
- Meeting with Rabino Haim Casas-the first Spanish born Rabbi in over 500 years
- The magnificent La Mezquita mosque in Cordoba
- Cordoba: Ladino concert in Casa de Sefarad; synagogue, La Mezquita Cathedral-Mosque
- Lucena (Eliossana)-the Pearl of Sepharad
- The Alhambra fortress/palace and Generalife gardens
- Tour through the Call (Jewish neighborhood) of Barcelona
- Visit to La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, the cathedral designed by Gaudi
- Jewish Museum of Girona & the ancient mikveh in Besalu
frequently asked questions
Find answers here!
Tour Cost & Details
- Land Package Price Per Person: $5773
- Group Airfare: $1477
- Air & Land Package Price Per Person: $7250
- Tour details: View the PDF
- Tour flyer
Registration & Questions
Please mail your check payable to Educational Encounters International, Inc. to: Educational Encounters International, Inc, 110 Chestnut Ridge Road, Suite 228, Montvale, NJ 07645.
Please contact Terri Swartz Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org.