Welcome to the Rae and Joseph Gann Library at Hebrew College. We offer the college community and the public extraordinarily rich collections in print, media and electronic formats, focusing on Judaica, Jewish studies and Jewish education for adults and children.
Whether you're a student learning Rashi's methodology of text analysis, a scholar comparing commentaries on a Mishnah tractate, an educator preparing curriculum on the Jewish holidays or a lover of literature seeking new Israeli fiction in English translation, the Gann Library has the resources and expertise to facilitate your search. We are pleased to offer our resources to all members of the Hebrew College community and to our visitors.
The Gann Library is one of the finest Judaica libraries in New England. It is open to the public six days a week. The library houses some 90,000 volumes of Jewish studies and Judaica, primarily in Hebrew and English, and includes:
- Multilingual literature, including works in Yiddish, German, Russian and Japanese
- Music, art and film in multimedia formats
- Jewish education curricula for primary- and secondary-school settings
- Significant holdings in Responsa literature, Hasidism, Kabbalah, the Middle East, Israel and Jewish ethics, among others
- Archival documents
- Books on reserve and course reserve material