Learning Hebrew from Anywhere
An online course, consisting of eight 75-minute synchronous webinars. Offered in partnership with Hebrew at the Center (HATC), a non-profit organization dedicated to revolutionizing Hebrew teaching and learning. Providing cutting-edge pedagogic and assessment tools, HATC works to educate school leadership, develop Hebrew language leadership and empower teachers with the tools and expertise to maximize each student’s success.
>> Prizmah members, register here
- time Adult Educators
- location Online
- duration Eight 75-minute webinars
An online course with eight 75-minute webinars
Mondays, 8:00-9:15pm EST/5:00-6:15 PDT
Assignments will be given in between sessions.
As we move into the second half of this academic year, our Hebrew classes continue to look and feel very different. This course will provide you with updated conceptual and practical tools to equip you in using digital pedagogy in virtual, hybrid or modified in-person modalities. Through the integration of technology in second language instruction, using the Proficiency Approach, you will be able to maximize Hebrew learning and enhance your learners’ communicative performance. By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the basic principles of the Proficiency Approach for teaching Hebrew
- Adapt a variety of online tools to different learning objectives
- Advance your learners to a higher level of proficiency
- Create meaningful online content for your classes
This course will be conducted in Hebrew.
Orit Shakarghi, Hebrew at the Center Coach
The course will take place in spring 2021. All webinars begin at 8 pm EST/5 pm PDT.
- Session 1 – Monday, February 1
- Session 2 – Monday, February 8
- Session 3 – Monday, February 15
- Session 4 – Monday, February 22
- Session 5 – Monday, March 1 (asynchronous session)
- Session 6 – Monday, March 8
- Session 7 – Monday, March 15
- Session 8 – Monday, March 22
$445 per participant; $400 for Prizmah members (costs reflect a generous subsidy)