- time Parents of all stages
- location Synagogues, community spaces, and living rooms
- duration Parenting Young Children (6 sessions);
Parenting Tweens (5 sessions);
Parenting Teens (4 sessions)
Parenting Your Teen Through a Jewish Lens (for parents of teens ages 13-19)
The practical and emotional challenges of raising a teen in today’s world often seem overwhelming. In this supportive and inspiring class, both ancient and contemporary sources of wisdom provide deep insights that help parents appreciate the uniqueness of their teen as well as their own unique journeys.
I feel I have more Jewish resources to support my choices as a parent.Parenting Your Teen Through a Jewish Lens participant
Parenting Your Teen Through a Jewish Lens is offered as a 4-session course at various locations.
Part One: Grit and Grace While Raising Teens
- Your Parenting Journey
- Expectations and Dreams
- Your Teen is a Unique Being
- Effective Communication
Part Two: Parenting Teens in an Age of Unprecedented Choice
- The Good in the Selfish Me
- Peace in our Non-Stop World
- Jewish Pride and Combatting Anti-Semitism
- Making Mistakes and Second Chances
Parenting Through a Jewish Lens welcomes the participation of parents from all faiths, cultures, families, and experiences.