Mea’h Online is a distance learning experience with world-class scholars from our acclaimed Me’ah program. Our lectures take students on a journey through the narrative of the Jewish people. Delve into engaging courses at your own pace:
- Journey Through the Bible
- Rise of the Rabbis
- Between Cross and Crescent: The Medieval Jewish Experience
- time Adults of all ages
- location Online
- duration Flexible
The Jewish “conversation” stretches over 3,000 years, with each generation interpreting and reinterpreting core texts and traditions. Me’ah (Hebrew from 100) empowers adult learners to become part of that conversation.
Me’ah Online attracts adult learners from all backgrounds across the country and around the world. No prior formal Jewish education or knowledge of Hebrew is required. Travel through Jewish history at your own pace or with a group and discover convenient, flexible and enriching Jewish learning.
- Gain deep insights into Jewish texts, thought and history
- View lectures by accomplished scholars and extend your learning with optional readings
- Connect on your tablet, computer or phone and choose the time and place that works best for your learning needs
- Delve into our materials on your own or register as a congregation or with a group of friends.
Toby Alexrold, Temple Sinai Brookline
A thoroughly engrossing series of lectures and readings by four extraordinary teachers. I knew very little about the emergence of the rabbis, and the course really helped me understand this crucial period in the history of Judaism.
In the Boston area?
Me’ah offers two program tracks for those who want in-person classes.
- Me’ah Classic: A two-year journey, comprised of 100 hours (Me’ah is Hebrew for 100), through the narrative of the Jewish people, from ancient times through the present.
- Me’ah Select: A ten-week, in-depth exploration of a specific theme, text, personality or slice of Jewish history, all led by our outstanding Me’ah faculty. Taught at the college level, but without papers and assignments.