Digital Pedagogy of Literacy: The Hebrew Class of the Future
How will Hebrew Language classes look in the future? Come and explore how the integration of technology in second language instruction using the proficiency approach maximizes the effectiveness of Hebrew classes and promotes communicative performance of the learner.
- time Adult Educators
- location Online
- duration 8 one-hour webinars
An online course, consisting of 8 one-hour webinars. Offered in partnership with Hebrew at the Center (HATC), a non-profit organization dedicated to revolutionizing Hebrew teaching and learning. Providing cutting-edge pedagogic and assessment tools, HATC works to educate school leadership, develop Hebrew language leadership and empower teachers with the tools and expertise to maximize each student’s success.
- Identify the basic principles of the proficiency approach for teaching Hebrew
- Learn to use a variety of online tools
- Create meaningful online content
The course is appropriate for Modern Hebrew teachers who want to learn how to integrate technology and the proficiency approach into their instruction. No prior knowledge of the proficiency approach or of educational technology is required for participation. At the end of the course the participants will receive a participatory certificate (Required: 80% participation in the webinars and 80% completion of online activities)a.
Note: This course will be conducted in Hebrew.
Webinar and Independent Study Facilitators
Mira Angrist HATC Lead Advisor
Orit Shakarghi HATC Coach
The course will take place in January 2020. All webinars begin at 8 pm EST.
- Session 1 – Monday, January 27
- Session 2 – Monday, February 3
- Session 3 – Monday, February 10 (Tu B’shvat)
- Session 4 – Monday, February 17 (President’s Day) – asynchronous week
- Session 5 – Monday, February 24
- Session 6 – Monday, March 2
- Session 7 – Monday, March 16
- Session 8 – Monday, March 23
$400 ($360 for teachers at Prizmah-member schools.)