Digital Pedagogy to Increase Student Proficiency Teaching Hebrew from Anywhere
How will Hebrew classes look in the Fall? There is no one answer. However, Hebrew learning can be adapted to a variety of settings. If you want to start the year being systematically equipped to teach in virtual, hybrid or modified in-person modalities, join this course.
>> Prizmah members, register here
- time Adult Educators
- location Online
- duration 8 one-hour webinars
An online course, consisting of 8 one-hour webinars, 2 – 3 PM EDT US
An online course, consisting of 8 one-hour webinars. Offered in partnership with Hebrew at the Center (HATC), a non-profit organization dedicated to revolutionizing Hebrew teaching and learning. Providing cutting-edge pedagogic and assessment tools, HATC works to educate school leadership, develop Hebrew language leadership and empower teachers with the tools and expertise to maximize each student’s success. By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the basic principles of the Proficiency Approach for teaching Hebrew
- Adapt a variety of online tools to different learning objectives
- Advance your learners to a higher level of proficiency
- Create meaningful online content for your classes
The course is intended for modern Hebrew teachers who want to learn how to integrate technology and the Proficiency Approach into their instruction during this fluid time. No prior knowledge of the Proficiency Approach or of educational technology is required for participation. At the end of the course attendees will receive a certificate of participation (Required: 80% participation in the webinars and 80% completion of assignments).
Note: This course will be conducted in Hebrew.
Webinar and Independent Study Facilitator
Mira Angrist, HATC Lead Advisor
The course will take place in Summer 2020. All webinars begin at 2 pm EST.
- Session 1 – Sunday, July 26
- Session 2 – Sunday, August 2
- Session 3 – Sunday, August 9
- Session 4 – Sunday, August c16
- Session 5 – Sunday, August 23
- Session 6 – Sunday, August 30
- Session 7 – Sunday, September 6 (Asynchronous session all week)
- Session 8 – Sunday, September 13
$445 ($400 for teachers at Prizmah-member schools.)