Jewish Genealogy: Discover Your Family History
ONLY 4 SEATS LEFT!
Back by popular demand! Join us for on eight Wednesday evenings beginning in March 2020 for this annual geneaology course, co-sponsored by Hebrew College and the Jewish Geneaology Society of Greater Boston (JGSGB).
Classes are taught by experts from the JGSGB and cover:
- Basic research strategies & skills
- Major online resources & software
- Jewish migration history & changing European borders
- Jewish names & traditions
- Finding immigrant ancestors in U.S., European, & Israeli records
- Identifying Holocaust victims & survivors
Lectures are accompanied by individual help sessions and hands-on workshops on using online resources and genealogy software programs. Students will have free access to Ancestry and MyHeritage for the duration of the course and are encouraged to bring laptops or tablets to class.
March 4, 2020 – May 6, 2020, with 2 weeks off for Pesach and an optional “snow make-up day” on May 13 if needed.
Classes meet from 7- 9:30 pm.
For those who miss a class and as a resource for all students, the course website provides audio recordings of lectures, PowerPoint slides, and class handouts.
$325 for all eight classes.
Contact us with any questions.
Registration is Open