- location Online
- cost Free. (While the workshop is free, we would appreciate a suggested donation of $18 per household to help support this and other future community education programs.)
- organizer Hebrew College; CJP; Temple Beth Sholom; Temple Beth Am, Congregation Or Atid, 2Life Communities Shillman House
share with friends
Join us for “Tasting Hope: Embodying the Messages of Hanukkah & Christmas,” the first in our Jewish CultureFest: Food, Music, and YOU! three-part online series.
We invite you to join us for any or all three of these virtual, Multi-generational and Interactive workshops:
- Celebrate culinary and musical traditions from around the Jewish world through the lens of three Jewish holidays
- Learn about the cross-cultural and interreligious influences that are woven throughout Jewish life
- Participate in a variety of interactive cooking and tasting activities
About Jewish CultureFest: Food, Music, and YOU!
Celebrate the culinary and musical traditions of Jewish life from around the world in our three-part online series, with programs for Chanukah, Tu B’shvat, and Passover.
Workshop #1: Tasting Hope: Embodying the Messages of Hanukkah & Christmas
An Interreligious & cross-cultural exploration of Hanukkah and Christmas with Music, text learning, and a participatory culinary experience
Sunday, December 6 | 2-3:30 p.m. EST (US)
While the workshop is free, we would appreciate a suggested donation of $18 per household to help support this and other future community education programs.
Rabbi Or Rose
Director, Miller Center of Interreligious Learning &
Leadership of Hebrew College
Samir Selmanovic, Ph.D.
Founder, THE KITCHENHOOD, a cross-generational community dedicated to cooking mastery
Save the dates for these upcoming programs
A Musical Meditation and celebration of Tu B’Shevat
Wednesday, January 27 | 7-8:30 p.m.
Musician, composer, Hebrew College rabbinical student, and host of Hebrew College’s Niggun Seminar.
Hebrew College rabbinical student and host of Hebrew College’s Niggun Seminar.
A Passover Exploration
Sunday, March 14 | 4-5:30 p.m.
Program and presenter information coming soon!