- Can I participate as a single parent?
- Can I participate if I am not Jewish?
- Can my partner participate with me if s/he is not Jewish?
- Do I need any Jewish/ education background or knowledge of Hebrew?
- When does the program begin?
- What does the curriculum cover?
- How many sessions are there in the program?
- How long are the sessions?
- What if I have to miss a session?
- Do the classes break for school and other holidays?
- Do I have to be a synagogue member to sign up at a synagogue site?
- Who will my instructor be?
- Is there homework?
- How old are the participants' kids?
- Is there babysitting available?
- Who are the childcare providers?
- Is there any instruction for the children?
- Can I use the childcare for only some of the sessions?
|Parenting Through a Jewish Lens||$145||$240|
|Parenting Your Teen Through a Jewish Lens
|Parenting Your "Tween" Through a Jewish Lens
Are there scholarships available?
Yes. Please call or email Marcy Leiman at 617-559-8734.
What does the curriculum cover?
The curriculum for our parenting programs helps parents discover ways in which Jewish sources of wisdom can inform their choices. Here are a few examples of the types of questions addressed: How can I appreciate my child's uniqueness? How can I help my child become resilient? How can I help my family through dark times? How do I talk to my child about God?
How many sessions are there in the program?
There are ten sessions, as well as one opportunity to gather with the class outside of the formal setting. Parenting your Tween and Teen each meet for fewer sessions.
Who will my instructor be?
We have a wonderful faculty. You can read their bios on our website.
Is there any instruction for the children?
Children are entertained while their parents are in class; they are furnished with age appropriate toys and books, and they engage in activities offered by the Parents in a Pinch childcare providers.